Have you ever wanted to translate your server into multiple languages?
Well, look no further! Triton offers this among a whole host of other awesome features! This plugin uses a placeholder which will be replaced (dynamically, per player) with a message defined in the language file.
The documentation can be found on Triton's website.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THE REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITATIONS BELOW
Triton v2.0.1 setup guide
Triton v2.4.0 setup guide - in Spanish
Video showcase of Triton v0.2.2b (MultiLanguagePlugin v0.2.2b)
Language selection GUI. Languages can be added and removed in the config file.
Translation of holograms/entity display names
Test the plugin on mc.test-plugins.org
NOTE: Triton is not an automatic/machine translator. All messages must be configured manually in the desired language.
Since v2.0.0, all plugins should be able to be translated, even if they don't have configurable messages. Please take a look at the limitations section below.
- Translate any chat message, action bar, title/subtitle, inventory titles, holograms, NPC names, kick/ban messages, tab header/footers, custom tabs, item names/lores, signs, bossbars¹ and books.
- BungeeCord support
- Unlimited languages
- API for developers
- Language GUI selector with flags
- Edit your messages online with TWIN (Triton Web INterface)
- Reload your config in-game without restarting your server
- Change how the placeholder looks depending on the type of message (chat, scoreboard, item, etc)
- Change another player's language using commands (online and offline)
- Run commands when a player changes their language
- Dynamic values in translated messages and signs
- Supports all stable Spigot versions since Spigot 1.8.8
- Full MySQL support
- Automatic generator tool to help bulk translate plugins
- Doesn't allow players to type placeholders in the chat
- Translate your terminal (console output) to the main language
- Configurable internal messages
Some awesome people have created some add-ons using Triton's API, adding even more features!
- BlockFonts by IKaniel (on GitHub) - Allows changing blocks from WorldEdit selections, depending on the user's language.
Support is done through Discord. You can join Triton's Discord server using this invite code: 9FsawxR
Bug reports and feature requests should be done through GitHub issues. Known issues can be found on GitHub.
If you can't use Discord, feel free to PM me on Spigot. Keep in mind I don't usually check Spigot, so it might take a while before I reply.
Triton needs the following to run:
- Spigot 1.8.8+ (Spigot 1.8 to 1.8.7 is not officially supported)
- Java 8+
- ProtocolLib 4.5.0 or newer (for 1.16 use the latest dev build)
- PlaceholderAPI (optional)
Please do not buy this plugin if your server does not meet these requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure this plugin will work in your server environment. We do not offer refunds.
Spigot and BungeeCord forks, like Paper and Waterfall, will receive bug fixes as well, even though internal testing is done on vanilla Spigot and BungeeCord.
IMPORTANT: Triton is not an auto-translator nor does it translate messages between players. It just helps you send (manually translated) messages to each player in the language of their choosing.
Triton works by intercepting packets and scanning them for placeholders. If you can't replace the original text with a placeholder, Triton can't do anything about it.
This means that the plugin you want to translate needs to have a config of some sort where you can edit the content of the messages it outputs.
Since Triton v2.0.0, this is no longer a limitation. Please refer to our docs to learn how to translate without using placeholders.
Scoreboards can't be translated directly due to technical challenges.
However, since Triton supports PlaceholderAPI, you can use PAPI placeholders if supported by the scoreboard plugin.
TWIN stands for Triton Web Interface and it is a web app where you can easily manage your translations.
Since Triton v1.0.0, we've realised the new languages.json file is complicated for some people, so we've created a web app that makes creating new translations easy!
TWIN v2.1.0 - Dashboard
Feel free to try the TWIN demo.
You can use the Triton API to interact with Triton from your plugin.
- I still don't understand what the plugin exactly does... Can you explain it to me?
- Feel free to contact me; (see #4).
- If the API is free, why would I pay for the plugin?
- The API does not contain any plugin code or functionality, it simply contains the documentation and names of methods - allowing a developer to compile their own plugin. The API does nothing by itself and will not function as a plugin.
- Where can I request features or report bugs?
- I have a question about this plugin, how can I contact you?
- You have a lot of ways to contact me:
- Where are the commands/permissions and installation instructions?
- They are in our documentation. Take a look here.
- The plugin isn't working for me or I have some issue.
- Please don't just say "it doesn't work". Send me the following through any viable means of contact (see #4):
- The full description of your problem.
- The steps you took leading up to the problem.
- Triton config file and language files.
- Config file of the plugin you're trying to translate (if that's the problem).
- All errors on console related to Triton.
- Any available screenshots.
- Why isn't this an auto translator?
- Check out this post.
- How can I translate scoreboards?
- Please use PlaceholderAPI on scoreboards.
- After turning on "bungeecord" on config, I get errors on console
- Either restart your proxy or run "/triton reload" on the proxy console.
By purchasing/downloading this plugin, you agree that:
- you won't redistribute the plugin in any way (friends, cloud, forums, etc).
- you won't decompile or reverse-engineer it.
- you won't resell it.
- you won't modify the plugin without the author's permission.
- you won't chargeback on PayPal.
- you won't report errors by just saying "it doesn't work".
- the developer is in no way responsible for any damages caused, either directly or indirectly, by this plugin.
Each license is valid for an entire network (connected by a proxy) and for that network's test server(s).
Copyright © 2018 by SamJakob, © 2016-2020 by Rexcantor64
This plugin was previously called MultiLanguagePlugin. For compatibility reasons, it is still called MultiLanguagePlugin when v0 is installed.