This plug-in allows server owners to add custom items with custom textures to their server. A server resourcepack will be used to achieve the custom textures. It will use resourcepack tricks, so no existing minecraft items will be lost.
This plug-in will provide the following features:
- Simple custom items that have their own texture, but no big other features
- Custom tools, including swords, pickaxes, bows, shields, and more
- Custom armor (but most pieces require Optifine for full functionality)
- Custom crafting recipes (can include both regular minecraft items and custom items from this plug-ins)
- Let mobs and blocks drop custom items (or regular items)
- Wands and guns that can fire custom projectiles
- Custom containers (some kind of custom crafting station/furnace)
- Custom blocks (they have a custom texture, but not many other features yet) [mc 1.13+]
Custom containers (video): https://knokko.github.io/custom%20items/tutorials/containers/index.html
Wands and guns (text): https://knokko.github.io/custom%20items/tutorials/wands%20and%20guns/index.html
If you can, use /kci debug
If that doesn't work, check out https://knokko.github.io/custom%20items/troubleshooting.html
Notes about minecraft version support
Minecraft 1.8.x and earlier can't be supported because the resourcepack format is too old. Players using minecraft 1.8.x will never be able to see custom textures, even if the server uses a later minecraft version and ViaVersion/ViaRewind.
Support for minecraft 1.9.x to 1.11.x could be added, but it would be a lot of work and these versions are not used often. (And those who do should really consider upgrading their server.) Test
To decrease maintenance time of this plug-in, only the latest patch of each minecraft version is guaranteed to be supported. For instance, minecraft 1.16.5 is supported, but 1.16.3 is not. (By coincidence, minecraft 1.16.4 is also supported.)
- /customitems damage <amount> [player name] will decrease the remaining durability of the custom tool in the main hand of the target player (the player with name player name) by amount. If the remaining durability is smaller than (or equal to) amount, it will be destroyed. Only players with the customitems.damage permission can use this command.
- /kci debug looks for installation errors, and sends them back as chat message.
- /kci encode can be used to use complicated crafting ingredients in custom recipes.
- /kci give <item name> [player name] [amount] will give a custom item to a player
- /kci list sends the names of all custom items as a chat message
- /kci reload will reload the config and items, but not the textures
- /customitems repair <amount> [player name] will increase the remaining durability of the custom tool in the main hand of the target player (the player with name player name) by amount. This command will not repair the tool beyond the maximum durability (if current durability + amount is larger than the maximum durability, the durability will be set to the maximum durability). Only players with the customitems.repair permission can use this command.
- /kci setblock <block> [x] [y] [z] [world] will place the given custom block at (x, y, z) in the given world. Only players with the customitems.setblock permission can use this command.
- /customitems take [page] [target player] lets the target player take custom items from an in-game GUI. The page is needed when you have more than 54 custom items. By default, this command will use the command executor as target player and page 1. This command requires the permission customitems.take.
- Download and run the Editor.
- Configure the items and textures you want.
- Click on one of the Export buttons. Open the Custom Item Sets folder on your computer (it should be in your Documents or Home folder, depending on operating system).
- Upload the .cis file inside that folder to YourServerFolder/plugins/CustomItems (you might have to create this folder first). If your server host doesn't allow you to upload files, you can use the .txt file in the same directory instead.
- Install Knokko Core for the right minecraft version (really, it won't work without this supporting plug-in). Installing this one is easy: just put it in your plugins folder.
- Optional: Install ActionBarAPI to display custom tool durability and wand/gun cooldowns. See https://knokko.github.io/custom%20items/compatibility/positive.html for details.
- Put this plug-in in your plugins folder.
- The .zip file in the Custom Item Sets folder is the resourcepack you will need. You can ask your players to install it, or make it your server resourcepack (but this can be an annoying task).
If you need more detailed information about these steps, use one of the tutorials.